Legacy Park ARC Quick Reference List
|ARC Guidelines||Buildings||Violations and Fines||
Click the link to download the Project Application Form. It has 5 pages and is a fillable PDF, so it has sections which can be filled out on the computer. Follow all of the directions included with the application and mail to the address listed on the first page of the application, along with all supporting documentation. Please review the ARC Guidelines to ensure that it meets all the requirements.
Once the project has been completed, the homeowner must contact ARC to have their project inspected.
All projects that fall outside of the roof line of the home require an application.
Please allow 15 days for written approval and permit.
Fines will be assessed for failure to submit an application ($75 one time) and failure to build within community guidelines.
Proper documentation includes:
- TWO (2) copies of Application
- TWO (2) copies of plat with appropriate additions and measurements marked
- If the work is being performed by a contractor, include a copy of Contract. Personal information such as price can be marked out if desired.
- TWO (2) sets of photos and/or drawings of requested work
Remember, the more details we have available will expedite the review and approval process.
It is recommended that you attend the next meeting after you submit your application so that any questions can be answered immediately. Meetings are held 1st Wednesday of the month (March through October) at 7:30 p.m. at the Recreation Center and on an "as needed" basis. Please contact the ARC to setup a meeting time in the off months.
Permits are to be placed in a window at the front of the house (2) days prior to starting, through seven (7) days following the completion of work on the approved project.
- Prior to construction, obtain written approval from the ARC.
- Maximum height of 60 inches (5 feet) from finished ground level.
- If fence is to be on property line, obtain written permission from neighbor sharing that line and submit with application. If fence is to be set off from the property line, leave adequate space large enough to properly maintain vegetation therein.
- Prior to construction, obtain written approval from ARC.
- Color must match siding (vinyl preferable), trim and shingles of house.
- Maximum size is 12' by 16'.
- Prior to installation, must obtain written approval from ARC.
- Cannot be seen from street in front of house under reasonable circumstances.
Failure to submit application: A one-time fine of $75 will be assessed by the management company.
Any Violation of Community Guidelines:
- Management company will notify homeowner of specified time frame to cure violation.
- If homeowner fails to comply, a meeting before the Board will be scheduled where the Board can assess a maximum daily fine of up to $200.00 per day until the violation is corrected.
- Further lack of compliance will result in property lien.
Click below to view Guidelines from Nov. 2007:
Landscape Guidelines - original guidelines
These guidelines were established to:
1. Maintain the value, character and appearance of the residential community.
2. Provide a consistent landscaping approach to all homes in the community.
3. Preserve the quality of the natural amenities of our subdivision.
4. Insure that consistent criteria will be applied to all homeowners regarding landscape beds, lawn maintenance, tree planting, removal and pruning.
With these ideas in mind, here are the guidelines:
· Each homeowner is responsible for maintaining all trees, plantings and shrubbery in a neat and orderly manner.
· Lawn maintenance, which includes mowing on a regular basis, fertilizer and weed killer at least twice yearly. The grass should not exceed six (6) inches in height.
· Homeowners are expected to demonstrate reasonable effort to keep their trees, plantings, shrubs and lawns adequately watered to prevent their demise.
· All bedding areas on each lot shall be mulched to prevent weed promulgation and loss of soils. Bark chips, pine needles, cypress mulch, soil blends or other acceptable wood product derivatives may be used for bedding coverage.
- Trash cans and recycle receptacles are to be kept out of sight either behind the house, in the garage or in a fenced area on the side of the house.
- Trash cans and recycle receptacles should not be placed on the street prior to the evening before scheduled trash pickup day.
- Plastic or vinyl storage containers cannot be visible from the road.
- Garage doors shall be painted white.
- Boat, utility trailer, and camper storage is not permitted in driveways.
- Long term vehicle repair projects not permitted in driveways.
- Satellite dishes should not be visible from the street.
- Entry door color to match the color of house shutters.
- No vehicle parking permitted on lawns.
ARC Review required for the following types of projects:
- New patios or patio extensions
- Hot tubs or swimming pools
- Screen enclosures
- Patio awnings
- Storage sheds
- ln ground flag poles
- Driveway or walkway modifications
- House additions or modifications that change the appearance of the house
- Playground type equipment in the back yard