Fitness Center Open May 1st
Posted on 05/04/21
April 23, 2020
Dear Legacy Park residents,
Due to new CDC and South Carolina guidelines regarding COVID-19, the HOA Board has received several requests to reopen the fitness center, reopen the indoor basketball court, and to resume rentals for private events. As always, we take the welfare of the entire community into consideration and have continued to monitor the COVID pandemic.
New CDC guidelines (www.cdc.gov 4/18/2021) state that “the CDC continues to recommend that large gatherings be avoided, particularly those in which physical (social) distancing cannot be maintained between people who live in different households.”
Based on this data, the Board has voted to keep the indoor basketball court closed. We are unable to provide staffing necessary to keep the facility clean and virus free. However, the Board did vote to reopen the fitness center effective May 1st. Only two people will be allowed in the fitness center at a time and anyone with approved access to the fitness center will be required to clean wipe down exercise equipment after each use as this equipment is only professionally cleaned periodically. If you have already signed the waiver form to use the fitness area, your fob will be reactivated to enter the front door and fitness center only. By swiping your fob, you are agreeing to follow all the existing rules as stated on the original signed agreement plus:
1) Follow all existing rules as stated on the
2) Two people maximum allowed in fitness center at a time
3) Only using the equipment for a maximum of 30 minutes
4) Each machine used should be cleaned using the supplies located beside the entry door
5) All other areas of the rec center are off limits including the basketball courts and bathrooms. There will be a barricade added to the stairwell to prevent entry to the downstairs area of the rec center.
6) Our security team will be periodically patrolling the rec center.
7) The video surveillance equipment is still active in the rec center and will be used to monitor activity.
Additionally, if any resident would like to rent the recreation center for a private event, they will be required to complete the rental agreement, provide proof of their personal liability insurance, and an additional fee will be charged for professional facility cleaning after the private event. The rental fee is $50 per hour (minimum of two hours) plus the $100 cleaning fee.
The Board will continue to review the CDC and state guidelines as they are updated and keep the community informed as to changes in access to the recreation center.
Legacy Park HOA Board of Directors